From acting as the front-facing advocate and public voice on timeshare-related issues, providing support and guidance and protecting timeshare owners from fraudulent companies, being a member of EUROC will put timeshare owners and home owner clubs at the forefront of all timeshare related activities and create a powerful united front.
The purpose of EUROC is to represent the interests of its members and act as the official spokesbody for current or potential issues relating to timeshare ownership. EUROC is proactive in its approach, seeking solutions and advocating for positive outcomes before they potentially have an impact on timeshare owners.
The association has the power to petition local, national and international bodies and governments to alleviate, avoid or mitigate any adverse impacts and to lobby for any regulations which may affect home owner clubs and their individual owners.
As an independent non-profit making association run by timeshare owners for owners, EUROC stands side by side with resort and club committees around Europe and will act as the primary one stop shop for legitimate resources and advice on important timeshare matters.
Some of the areas EUROC will focus its attention include:
- Consulting government officials on matters that impact timeshare ownership, such as the provision of timeshare exit programmes.
- Advising on the implications of the Spanish Supreme Court rulings and working to ensure that the rulings are not abused.
- A proactive voice against the introduction of bed tax in the UK.
- Increased focus on perpetuity/long term contracts.
- Working to ensure that the new regulations re Claims Management Companies are complied with in the context of timeshare claims and pushing for action when they are breached.
- Monitoring the development of any new regulations on the sharing economy that may impact Home Owner Clubs and resorts.