EUROC offers a wide range of services and benefits to its European Home Owner Club and Resort members. It will act as a one stop shop for the committee member representatives and club/resort management teams providing them with unconditional support, legitimate resources and contacts, operational and revenue generation ideas and providing regular updates and guidance on matters impacting the world of timeshare ownership.
Benefits of Membership for Timeshare Clubs & Owners
Support & guidance for owners via their committees/clubs
- EUROC will work with legislators and regulators at all levels of government to educate policy makers and ensure fair treatment across a broad range of issues.
- EUROC serves as the official voice for all timeshare owners and is the first line of defence against legislation that may negatively impact owners, clubs or resorts.
- Professionally drafted papers will be submitted on behalf of EUROC members to local councils and governments on specific issues that may affect timeshare use and operation.
- EUROC members will be recognised as representing the best of timeshare by following the EUROC best practice guidelines/code of conduct as and when they are introduced.
- Regular communications, updates and contact from the Member Relations Manager.
- Advice and signposting to contacts within the EUROC membership network to help resolve any issues facing your owners and the club.
- Where appropriate and when necessary, EUROC will work alongside the Resort Development Organisation (RDO), the trade body for the timeshare industry.
Fighting timeshare fraud and protecting your owners
- EUROC oversees and funds the operation of the Timeshare Helpline – a service available to timeshare owners who have concerns about a business and who require assistance with a problem. The Helpline offers advice on refunds, relinquishments, law enforcement and general issues with their timeshare. The helpline is available in English, Spanish, French and Italian, with the future potential of additional languages being brought online, as more funds become available.
- EUROC members support the extremely important ongoing work of the Timeshare Task Force, which is operated by Kwikchex. The Task Force works to have companies that defraud timeshare owners exposed, shut down and where, possible, it will work with the authorities to bring offenders to justice. Kwikchex are Trading Standards approved and work closely with the police and other enforcement agencies across Europe.
- Benefit from updates and alerts on current illegal timeshare activities and scams provided by the Timeshare Task Force for you to share and create awareness of amongst your owners.
- Education, advice and drafted materials on how to inform owners as to how to protect themselves from misleading resale, transfer and marketing scams.
- One-to-one private advice from Kwikchex on how to handle issues affecting your owners, resorts or club.
- Potential savings on legal fees associated with drafting response letters on behalf of your owners to claims companies, using a selection of approved template letters from The Timeshare Taskforce available to EUROC members only.
Networking and creating your owner community
- Invitations to attend EUROC seminars, forums and regular network conference calls.
- Networking with other committees, resorts and external suppliers from the EUROC membership network to enhance your club and owner experiences.
- Ideas and suggestions from EUROC on topics and products relevant to your owner experience and day to day operations of your home owner club/resort.
- Collective EUROC member club network offering bigger and better opportunities for your club by working all together rather than independently.
- Connections and networking with exchange companies and external booking agencies to ensure revenue growth from unused weeks.
If you are a member of a timeshare owners committee or a resort management team and would like to find out more about EUROC membership, and the benefits for your home owner club/resort – contact the EUROC Member Relations Manager by e-mail at: email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Home owner clubs and resorts will be charged a fee of £2 per timeshare owner/member at their club (not number of weeks owned), irrespective of whether they own fixed week(s), floating week(s) or points. It will be up to each committee to decide how the fee is collected from owners/members.
We understand that every penny counts but protecting timeshare owners is key to the long term future of your club and resort.
To get up and running and off the ground in 2019, EUROC was awarded a grant from ARDA-ROC and a donation from Resort Development Organisation. As EUROC moves forward and looks towards the future years, it is expected and the goal that the membership fees will cover all costs and EUROC will be financially independent.
The focus of EUROC will always be to look at every issue presented and how it could potentially impact timeshare owners. EUROC will gather evidence and viewpoints from the HOA representatives from within the membership and present its findings and viewpoints to the necessary parties. When EUROC talks to regulators, industry associations, enforcement agencies, government and media, it will speak on behalf of thousands of timeshare owners and Home Owner Clubs across Europe. At times and when necessary, EUROC will work alongside the Resort Development Organisation (RDO) – the European timeshare trade organisation – as at there will often be issues that arise whereby a stronger argument and voice will be heard if we join forces.
EUROC is not a consumer protection organisation, nor does it provide a mediation service. Rather, it will represent the interests of its member home owner clubs including:
- Providing a forum for sharing of common concerns, issues and best practice.
- Supporting the development of solutions to such common issues or concerns.
- Monitoring actual and potential regulation which might affect cluns/resorts and their individual owners and to lobby local, national and supra-national bodies.
- Informing and advising committees and clubs of issues and developments that might affect some or all of them.
- Working to produce a best practice/code of conduct.
- Monitoring, consulting with and instructing the Timeshare Task Force in any enforcement issues of concern to clubs/resorts.
- Working with other industry bodies to support and implement these purposes.
- Acting at all times in the best interests of its members.